Year 6 – Welcome to Term 6!
Welcome back to the final term! We are really excited to start our new Topic of ‘Children’s war’. This topic will have the children learning about the second World War and why it affected children their age. Not only this but we have a lot of exciting events/activities set out ahead of us as a final farewell term for Primary school!
We hope that you and your children have a fantastic final term with us, and we hope that the weather stays sunny!
This term a whopping 52 of our students are venturing to the residential together with four of our fabulous staff to finish off our year, they have had many meetings to prepare. Make sure to watch our blog over the next few weeks to see how the trip went.
What about those who are not going?
Please can the children wear their school uniform on Friday 9th and P.E. Kit on Monday 12th.
For those who are lucky enough to be in school with Mr. Fagan, we have a lot of mysterious (and perhaps messy) activities to work on, a sneak peek is listed below:
On Friday 9th June, there will be two planned activities:
- Rock steady music concert across the whole school for our assembly, showcasing different musical instruments.
- The rest of our day will be spent involved in a drama workshop led by an outside agency to help with preparations for our end of year play.
On Monday 12th June, there will be a range of outdoor and adventurous activities for the children to take part in, which will develop their teamwork and cooperation skills. Some examples are:
- Cooking over a firepit
- Building shelters using natural materials outdoors (children may get drenched during this task)
- Themed orienteering tasks including reading a map and compass.
- Cooking in the kitchen.
Children should bring:
- May want to bring extra snacks (we will have extra food in our fire pit cooking)
- Sunhat/ Sun cream
- Packed lunch in the hopes of a picnic lunch
Key events this term:
Friday 30th June: Afternoon science expedition to the Boys Gravesend Grammar School
Monday 3rd July: Trust Development Day
Week Beginning Tuesday 4th July: Differing transition days at secondary schools
Wednesday 12th July: Year 6 play 2pm and 6pm
Thursday 13th July: Year 6 Theatre Trip to The Wizard of Oz
Friday 21st July: End of Year service/ Leaver’s service
We as the Year 6 team wish you all an exciting last term with us, we have had an amazing year so far!
Year 6 team