Class Name: Robins
Class Teacher: Miss Hamilton
Class Associate Teachers: Mrs Sodhi, Mrs Florea, Miss Biyani, Mrs Muprhy and Miss Haque.
Welcome to Robins class
My name is Miss Hamilton, and I am the teacher of Robins class. In Robins we love to learn through our play and are always using our senses to explore the world around us. Every day we enjoy re-telling stories with our friends, role playing our own experiences, jumping in muddy puddles, mark making, singing, dancing, building towers taller than us, counting, and getting very messy! We can’t wait to share our learning journey with you.
Our trip dates for Terms 4, 5 and 6 are not yet confirmed.
Essential items to remember:
Please ensure that your child always has:
- Their name in all clothing items, this includes their shoes.
- A spare change of clothes
- A coat
- A pair of wellies for wet weather
Outdoor learning is vital to your child’s development and our outside area will be open for your child to explore in all weathers. Please ensure that they have the appropriate clothing they need for the forecast e.g waterproof coat, hat, scarf, gloves, sunhat, suncream.
In Robins class we take part in activities to develop our fine and gross motor skills every day. We therefore do not have a PE day.
In Nursery, we do not set any homework, however, below are some activities you can do with your child to support their learning and development.
- Read to your child: Allow your child to choose a picture book and explore the book together. Encourage them to predict what will happen next, discuss how the characters are feeling, repeat key phrases, introduce new language, talk about what is happening in each picture. Re-tell the story with your child and provide them with objects/ toys to help them to develop their understanding of what they have read.
- Visit the library
- Play games with your child’s name: Cut up each letter of your child’s name and place it on a car/ train. Encourage your child to drive the letters, so they are in the right order. Hide each letter in shaving foam, paint, coloured rice. Once your child has found each letter, they can have a go at putting them in the right order to make their name.
- Go on a shape walk in your local area.
- Talk to your child: Asking who, what, where, when and why questions will encourage their understanding of speech and language.
- Park visits: This will encourage your child’s development of their gross motor skills.
- Play dates: Please organise times for your children to meet up with one and other outside of school. This will encourage the development of your child’s social skills.
Communication and language:
- Phonics play: https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/resources/phase/1
- Tiny Happy People: https://www.bbc.co.uk/tiny-happy-people/3-to-4-year-old-child-development-activities
- Words for Life: https://wordsforlife.org.uk/activities/filter/?age=3-4
- CBeebies: https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies
- Story online: https://www.youtube.com/@StorylineOnlineSAF
- Dough disco: https://www.youtube.com/c/SpreadTheHappinessTV
- Cosmic kids yoga: https://www.youtube.com/@CosmicKidsYoga
- Koo Koo Kangaroo: https://www.youtube.com/@KooKooKangaRoo
- Boogie Beebies: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mvsc
- Muddy faces outdoor hub: https://muddyfaces.co.uk/outdoor-hub
- Change for life: https://www.nhs.uk/healthier-families/activities/
- Danny Go: https://www.youtube.com/@DannyGo
- NSPCC: https://www.nspcc.org.uk/keeping-children-safe/support-for-parents/pants-underwear-rule/
- Partnership for children: https://www.partnershipforchildren.org.uk/uploads/resources/Early%20Years%20resources/Early%20Years%20Activities%20for%20Parents.pdf
- The colour monster: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6wIEp-M4tg
- Storybots: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akTRWJZMks0
- Number blocks: https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/shows/numberblocks
- NRICH: https://nrich.maths.org/early-years
- Top Marks: https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/3-5-years/counting
- White Rose Maths: https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning?year=early-years
- Zero Superhero song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RfIKqkvHTY
- Boom Shake the alphabet song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emb2yvwAHtc
- Alphablocks: https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/shows/alphablocks
- Storyline online: https://www.youtube.com/@StorylineOnlineSAF
- Phase 1 phonics play: https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/resources/phase/1