In order to provide children with as much support / extra practice of Mathematics and basic knowledge as we can, we have subscribed to an online maths platform called Freckle. Each pupil has been given a login card to access this home learning. Freckle provides extra maths activities for children which are set at the appropriate level for them to develop their learning. It covers all aspects of maths in an engaging and self-paced way. You can find out more here.
Pupils have three different areas in which they work:
Adaptative Practice - These activities are linked to their assessments and help to highlight areas of strength and areas for development.
Fact Practice - These activities involve quick-fire mental maths questions.
- Rucksack - These activities have been set by the Teacher and usually link to direct work in the classroom.
Children can earn coins when they log in and complete activities! These coins can be spent in the shop to buy items for their avatar (character). Time in the shop is limited and activities must be completed first to gain access!
We would like to encourage / allow children to access the site at home, support them to login and to help them to navigate the activities but please, please, please DO NOT do the work for them! We need children to think for themselves in order to develop their mathematical skills and confidence.
Some acceptable ways to support might include:
Suggesting a regular time to login at least once a week for 20 minutes.
Helping them to login and troubleshooting technology problems.
- Reading questions out louder to them (it will read questions to them!)
- Asking them to explain to you how they worked their answers out
How-To Login Students
1. Visit: student.freckle.com (This is where students will log in every time)
2. Enter class code.
3. Enter Students Username (Students username is their first and last name)