Swans class is a Specialist Resource that provides a bespoke foundation for children with Speech and Language Difficulties and Autism, offering targeted support with the aim of enabling all pupils to make progress and achieve their identified outcomes. This smaller provision grants every pupil access to the mainstream curriculum alongside a tailored intervention programme designed specifically according to their individual needs.
At Holy Trinity, we rigorously acknowledge the fact that children often have needs that span across all four areas of SEND and that these needs may change over time. Our Staff are fully committed to identifying and providing for these needs, and we are proud to offer a stimulating and nurturing environment in which you can be reassured that your child will thrive.
Through our Swans class provision, Holy Trinity aims to:
- Create a caring yet purposeful environment where there is a balance of focus between welfare and achievement for all.
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum that is relevant and differentiated to meet the needs of every individual.
- Ensure the best possible progress for all using a holistic approach.
- Support children to develop language and communication, social interaction and life skills
- Encourage parents to take an active role within the Holy Trinity Community, enabling them to support their child’s learning at home and at school.
- Promote independence for all.
Holy Trinity offers a broad and balanced curriculum that combines excellence in teaching with enjoyment in learning, providing our pupils with all the skills, knowledge and understanding needed to develop into well-rounded, happy individuals. Our curriculum is highly differentiated and personalised to meet the diverse and changing needs of our pupils. It is also aspiration-led to ensure that every child is engaged and motivated to learn from a rich diet of educational experiences.
- Sharing stories
- Discovering books
- Learning to make marks
- Beginning to write
- Exploring words
- Recognising numerals from 0 to 20
- Beginning to use mathematical vocabulary
- Ordering and sequencing familiar events
Understanding the World
- Showing interest in the lives of other people
- Talking about why things happen
- Showing care and concern for living things
Communication and Language
- Participating in song and rhyme
- Listening to others 1:1, or in small groups
- Focusing attention
- Extending vocabulary
- Asking questions
- Following instructions
Expressive Arts and Design
- Choosing colours to use for a purpose
- Exploring different sounds using instruments
- Playing alongside other children
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Making friends
- Building relationships
- Feeling happy and safe
- Experiencing new things
- Experimenting with different ways of moving
- Copying letters (for example, from their name)
- Showing preference with a dominant hand
If you would like further information regarding Holy Trinity's Specialist Resource — Swans Class — or feel that your child may benefit from such a tailored approach, please contact the SENDCo by email or speak to one of our dedicated Administrative Team members in the School Office who will be delighted to assist you with your enquiries.