Here at Holy Trinity, we believe it is very important for all children to have a voice and express their thoughts and opinions. We are proud to have School Council representatives who ensure that all the views of children in their classes are heard.
School Council representatives meet on a regular basis with our Head Teacher - Mrs Gibbs-Naguar and Lead Teacher - Miss Khalid. During these meetings, all the representatives come together to discuss and debate ideas and suggestions put forward by their classes or teachers. The outcomes are then discussed further with classes and teachers which are then fed back in meetings.
There are many great changes, which have taken place all thanks to our School Council!
All the children at Holy Trinity know that this is their school and their thoughts and opinions ALWAYS matter!
We are pleased to announce our School Council Representatives for 2018-2019:
Year 1: Merlins – Cecily
Sparrows – Amira
Year 2: Kingfishers – Ellsie
Nightingales – Baxter
Year 3: Swfits – Joshua
Falcons – Max
Year 4: Kestrels – Natasha
Skylarks – Freya
Year 5: Puffins – Jinang
Barn Owls – Libby
Year 6: Bullfinches – Bianca
Doves – Daniel
Qualities of School Council Members
- Excellent listening skills
- Willing to respect the views of others
- Represent your peers confidently and good at explaining things
- Able to work co-operatively with others
- Make informed decisions
- Reliable and willing to give up some of your own time to attend meetings
- Enthusiastic and outgoing
- Flexible and adaptable
- Enjoy having the opportunity to solve problems
- Willing to consider what is best for everyone at the school
- Be prepared not to be popular with everyone
- Has lots of new ideas
- Shows initiative