At Holy Trinity we're using the Mastery Maths No Problem approach to the learning and teaching of Mathematics.
MATHS NO PROBLEM: Teaching maths for mastery is a transformational approach to maths teaching which stems from high performing Asian nations such as Singapore. When taught to master maths, children develop their mathematical fluency without resorting to rote learning and are able to solve non-routine maths problems without having to memorise procedures.
NEED TO KNOW
- Evidence-based approach to teaching maths
- Helps pupils develop a deep, long-term and adaptable understanding of maths
- Inclusive approach where all children achieve
- Slower pace which results in greater progress
- Reflected in the 2014 English national curriculum for mathematics
- Endorsed by the Department for Education, NCETM and OFSTED
See the link below for more information on the Singaporean approach to Mathematics: https://mathsnoproblem.com/en/the-maths/what-is-singapore-maths/