School Closure To Most Pupils
Following revised Government policy, we’ve now been instructed to close the school to almost all children after this Friday until further notice.
We will do all we can to stay open for the children:
- of key workers (medical professionals, police officers, police community support officers, prison officers, armed forces, NHS staff, teachers, social workers, fire fighters, civil service personnel, workers in logistics e.g. transport, delivery, refuse collection) – We are currently awaiting definitive guidance.
- who receive free school meals
- children with specific identified needs.
For these children the school will be open from 8:30am until 3:30pm each day up until and including 01st April.
If you’ve been identified as a key worker under this definition, please complete the attached form and return to the school’s office tomorrow, Friday 20th March.
Please also provide:
- updated contact details i.e. place of work and contact number
- information on dietary requirements
- information on allergies
- We advise all pupils accessing this alternative provision to bring in a packed lunch. Hot meals will be available at a cost of £2.40 per pupil per day.
All pupils attending school from Monday 23rd March must attend in full uniform.
Pupils accessing this alternative provision will not continue on with the school’s curriculum. We will follow the ‘Home Learning’ guidance distributed to all parents.
All other children will need to stay at home. Please do not send your child into school from Monday onwards if they’ve not been identified in the groups above. This is a national closure. We will re-open fully as soon as we are able to and will provide regular updates via email, text messages and on the Latest News section of our school’s website.
For the majority of our pupils who will now be at home, we advise you to work through the items on the ‘Home Learning’ guidance sheet, which will be distributed tomorrow, Friday 20th March 2020. The activities are both challenging and varied to ensure your learning journey both continues and progresses.
This is as much as we currently understand of the situation and we appreciate your continued patience and support as we deal with this ever-changing landscape. We appreciate that this latest news will have an impact on you and your family and it’s far from ideal, but we’ll continue to keep in touch with any updates as the situation develops.