Visitors from a different generation!
Miss Seymour's grandparents came into school to talk about how life as they knew it has changed over the past 80 years.
We prepared questions to ask Mr and Mrs Higgs about their childhood and the different changes which have happened around them. These covered a range of topics and were extremely thought provoking. We knew how important it was to give the visitors the opportunity to answer as informatively and as insightfully as possible so that we could increase our topic knowledge!
On Wednesday, we all gathered in Kestrels' classroom and waited with great anticipation. Over the course of the afternoon, we grilled Mr and Mrs Higgs about a range of topics including:
- Mrs Higgs' wedding dress style.
- Whether Mrs Higgs was a suffragette.
- What their favourite hobbies were as children.
- What Mr Higgs' first house was like compared to his current one.
- How they felt when they heard that Hitler had been killed.
- What life was like before they got married.
After the visit, we each considered what the most interesting fact that we had heard was and how it developed our understanding of what life was like for people in the past. Can you use your new found knowledge to teach someone at home?
Next week, we will use our knowledge and information to help us write an extended piece of writing which will include ambitious, descriptive vocabulary and accurate facts.
No comments have been left yet.